President, Principal Architect, Director of Design
American Institute of Architects (AIA), National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
Daryl specializes in complex, challenging projects in which the process of reaching consensus or seeking public approval is intricate and demanding. His collaborative spirit and keen design sense allow his teams and clients broader ownership of key issues and of the ideas that will ensure the success of each project.
Daryl excels in hand drawing, design charrettes, complex facilities and community master planning.
A native of New Jersey, he began his professional career with The Hillier Group in Princeton, New Jersey. After four years, he relocated to Knoxville and began work with Bullock Smith & Partners, where he was responsible for the design and master planning of numerous projects worldwide.
In 1994, he founded JAI. As director of design, Daryl applies his philosophy of sound, creative design combined with client service and attention to detail.
- Bachelor of Architecture, University of Tennessee, 1984
Community Involvement & Affiliations
- University of Tennessee Chancellor’s Associates
- University of Tennessee School of Architecture, advisory board
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) East Tennessee Chapter, past president (1996)
- AIA Tennessee Chapter, past board member
- Knoxville Catholic High School, advisory committee
- Development Corporation of Knox County, architectural design review committee
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, executive board
- East Tennessee Community Design Center, past board member
- Knox Heritage, member