Anderson Hall

Maryville, Tennessee

Anderson Hall, the oldest building on Maryville College’s campus and home to the bell tower depicted in the school’s logo, needed a complete restoration.

JAI took conscious care to maintain the building’s historic character while providing modern amenities. Originally constructed in 1870 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, Anderson Hall is synonymous with Maryville College. Joseph Construction Company joined with Lawler-Wood and JAI to renovate the original four-story masonry and wood timber framed facility. The renovations included a four-pipe HVAC system, elevator, steel support skeleton, level floors, slate roof and new windows and exterior doors.

The building’s corridors have the same feel today that a student would have experienced more than 100 years ago. Once in the classroom, however, modern technology such as smart boards, integrated computer systems and other teaching aids, deliver the educational demands of today. Combining new features in old construction in an authentic feeling way is a great feat.

Anderson Hall, the oldest building on Maryville College’s campus and home to the bell tower depicted in the school’s logo, needed a complete restoration.

JAI took conscious care to maintain the building’s historic character while providing modern amenities. Originally constructed in 1870 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, Anderson Hall is synonymous with Maryville College. Joseph Construction Company joined with Lawler-Wood and JAI to renovate the original four-story masonry and wood timber framed facility. The renovations included a four-pipe HVAC system, elevator, steel support skeleton, level floors, slate roof and new windows and exterior doors.

The building’s corridors have the same feel today that a student would have experienced more than 100 years ago. Once in the classroom, however, modern technology such as smart boards, integrated computer systems and other teaching aids, deliver the educational demands of today. Combining new features in old construction in an authentic feeling way is a great feat.





BACK TO PORTFOLIO

Anderson Hall

Maryville, Tennessee

Client

Maryville College

Size

25000

Completion

2014

Cost

Services Provided

Architectural Design
Interior Design
Key Personnel Test

brandy-hatmaker,daryl-johnson-aia-ncarb,emily-haire-ncarb-leed-ap,eric-bowen-aia,kevin-brown

Awards

Blount County Historic Trust Heritage Design Award, 2015
Knox Heritage East Tennessee Preservation Award, 2016
East Tennessee Historical Society Award of Distinction, 2016
Masonry Institute of Tennessee Merit Award in Masonry, 2017

Address(es)

549 Maryville College, Circle Drive,Maryville,Tennessee,37804
Rooms

Housing Units

Seats

Consultant(s)

Structural
Bender & Associates Structural Engineers, LLC
M, P, FP
Engineering Services Group, Inc.
Electrical
Engineering Services Group, Inc.

Reference(s)

Anderson Hall

Maryville, Tennessee

Anderson Hall, the oldest building on Maryville College’s campus and home to the bell tower depicted in the school’s logo, needed a complete restoration.

JAI took conscious care to maintain the building’s historic character while providing modern amenities. Originally constructed in 1870 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, Anderson Hall is synonymous with Maryville College. Joseph Construction Company joined with Lawler-Wood and JAI to renovate the original four-story masonry and wood timber framed facility. The renovations included a four-pipe HVAC system, elevator, steel support skeleton, level floors, slate roof and new windows and exterior doors.

The building’s corridors have the same feel today that a student would have experienced more than 100 years ago. Once in the classroom, however, modern technology such as smart boards, integrated computer systems and other teaching aids, deliver the educational demands of today. Combining new features in old construction in an authentic feeling way is a great feat.

PROJECT DETAILS

Anderson Hall, the oldest building on Maryville College’s campus and home to the bell tower depicted in the school’s logo, needed a complete restoration.

JAI took conscious care to maintain the building’s historic character while providing modern amenities. Originally constructed in 1870 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, Anderson Hall is synonymous with Maryville College. Joseph Construction Company joined with Lawler-Wood and JAI to renovate the original four-story masonry and wood timber framed facility. The renovations included a four-pipe HVAC system, elevator, steel support skeleton, level floors, slate roof and new windows and exterior doors.

The building’s corridors have the same feel today that a student would have experienced more than 100 years ago. Once in the classroom, however, modern technology such as smart boards, integrated computer systems and other teaching aids, deliver the educational demands of today. Combining new features in old construction in an authentic feeling way is a great feat.





BACK TO PORTFOLIO