Vice President, Principal Architect
American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Rick fosters and protects the client’s vision by coordinating with the design and engineering disciplines to ensure that the design intentions are met during each phase of the project.
Rick joined the firm in 2000 and specializes in Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) research, compliance and renovations. In addition, his responsibilities include the coordination of design and engineering disciplines to ensure that the design intentions are met during completion of construction documents. He works closely with members of the local design and construction community to ensure that the technical aspects of the design allow the project to remain within the client’s budget and schedule by using the most current and cost-effective construction methods.
- Bachelor of Architecture, University of Tennessee, 1992
- Associate degree in architecture technology, Fairmont State University, 1988
Community Involvement & Affiliations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) East Tennessee Chapter, board
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), member
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, volunteer